MacKillop Catholic College Website Privacy Statement
We take the privacy of our users seriously, and will always collect, process and store the information you provide to us through this website with the utmost care and respect for your privacy and security. Please find more information on the ways we work with user data below.
Compliance with GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect on May 25th, 2018 aimed at protecting the privacy and personal data of European Union (EU) citizens. This regulation affects any entity (including websites) that processes EU citizens’ personal data, including businesses and websites not located in the EU. As part of the new regulation, websites are required to let their site visitors know how they collect, store, and use their data, in a clear and transparent way. In addition, they must comply with site visitors’ requests to receive a copy of their data that is processed on the site. This is relevant to MacKillop Catholic College in the case of MacKillop students and families with EU citizenship, and also with visitors accessing our site in regard to our cultural exchange programmes with schools in Italy.
Collection of Data
- Non directly identifying general data on user IP address, location, browser, operating system etc. are recorded for site statistics.
- Search terms used to find the site through search engines, and within the sites internal search, are recorded with no identifying data for site statistics.
- Information entered into forms, such as the contact form, expressions of interest for enrolment, and uniform shop order form is sent only to relevant staff who process this data. It is stored securely, deleted on a regular schedule, and never shared with third parties or employees with no direct role in processing that data.
- Bank account details are treated with the utmost security and are only used by finance office staff for the explicit purpose stated on the form in which they are entered, and then they are deleted.
- We use Google Analytics for search engine and display advertising online. This involves Google using cookies to target our advertising to relevant audiences, and providing non-identifying statistical data to us which includes audience demographic information.
- Enrolment phone calls made through phone number links on this site, as well as data about these calls, are recorded for the purpose of processing enrolments. Only relevant employees in this process have access to this data.
Storage of Data
- Non-identifying data, such as site visitor statistics, is stored within our site management system with our hosting provider, and used to track usage over time.
- Information entered into forms is sent to relevant employees by secure email, and sometimes stored in a secure database within the site management system, which is cleared on a regular basis.
Usage of Data
- No information provided to the College in any form, including through the website, is accessible to anyone but those directly involved in processing or using that data. This information is only used for the purpose outlined at collection and never shared with third parties without explicit permission or as required by law.
- Information provided through this website is used to:
- Facilitate general communication between our community and our College
- Simplify the enrolment and enquiry process
- Enable the online sale of uniform items
- Facilitate donations to College projects and charitable causes
- Allow users to subscribe to our newsletter, which includes being added to a mailing list
- Enrol for dance lessons and other extra-curricular activities
- Facilitate certain administrative data collection from staff (only through non-public staff sections of website)
- Allow users to express interest in things such as the College alumni organisation and scholarships, which includes the storage of their data for the explicitly stated purpose
User Questions and Data Requests
- At any time, users of this website are welcome to contact us and request a copy of any data collected relating to them, or with any questions they may have.